Monday, May 28, 2012

I Accept!


The message began, “It is with great pleasure that I offer you a contract with” and the next moment I realized I was going to be a published author. Amber Gifts is going to be published. I can’t believe it. I’m in shock. I’m so happy I can’t see straight.

There’s lots of work to do and lots of things I have to accomplish. First off, I guess I need to email the publisher, My Publisher, and tell them I accept. They sent a copy of the contract and it all seems very standard. I had my dear friend, the Romance Writer, look it over and she gave it her seal of approval. She has like twenty different books out there, so I trust her experience and knowledge implicitly.

I called friends and family and made the big announcement. If I had a cigar and a veranda I’d be sitting out there now enjoying the evening air and wondering what all the unpublished authors were doing tonight. Yeah, I’m going to be pretty hard to live with for the next couple of days. I think God and the Universe will forgive me. Don’t you?

~KbH

No comments:

Post a Comment